NetworkedBlogs

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Chronicle of a First Time Home Buyer Chapter 3

On 6/11, I went to the subdivision of Coquina Cove to meet with Rob and Tina. We were meeting at 5pm so I went a little early to meet with the D. R. Horton sales rep, Cindy. I have a good relationship with both of the sales reps because I sold 4 of their homes in 2008. I wanted to see how much we would be able to get off the $209,990 price tag. Cindy told me the best she could do was $5,000 off. I was hopping for $10,000 and would still try to get it if we made an offer.
When Rob and Tina arrived, Cindy and I took them over to 5317 Coquina Shores Lane, a Redwood model. It was still under construction, with a completion date sometime in August. It is a 2347 sq ft 4 bedroom 2.5 bath 2 story home. Rob and Tina both really liked this home despite the fact that it was only to the dry wall stage in the building process. Cindy and I also took them to a completed Redwood so they would have a better idea of what it would look like when it was finished.


Their comments: "We looked at the 4-bedroom D.R. Horton house that wasn’t finished with construction; we like this house a lot but had concerns about the quality of construction based on other people’s experiences with DRH; it’s definitely high on our list anyway."

One of the great things about D.R. Horton, is that they pay the closing cost for the buyer. This is about a $7000 savings on a $200,000 home, but more importantly it is cash that the buyer does not have to come up with at closing.


Rob and Tina both wanted to see some more homes before they make an offer, just to see what else is out there. I told them that we were still early in our search, but houses in this price range are going fast and if they find something they like they should put in an offer.




View Rob and Tina's cart click on this link: http://dabmls.com/day/plog.php?a=day&u=runter&p=3746



Visit one of my websites at http://selldaytona.com/ or http://www.venetianbay.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment